CBT for Families of Youth
Families present an interesting challenge in therapy. In this new one day workshop, Torrey Creed, PhD. will explore the fundamentals of CBT as adapted for children and families. Participants will learn how to engage family members in goal setting, describe how patterns of thinking and behaving develop within families, recognize indicators of whether a child or adolescent’s family should be engaged in treatment, and apply case conceptualization strategies to understand a family.
8:45am – 4:00pm
For More Information:
All trainees receive a Letter of Workshop Attendance verifying participation in this program.
- The fundamentals of CBT as applied to families
- When and how to engage families
- Managing goal-setting differences with families
- How patterns of thinking and behaving develop in families
- CBT case conceptualization of families and how they relate to interventions
- Involving families in specific CBT interventions
This course is appropriate for those with a beginner to intermediate level knowledge in the mental health or medical field
Doctorate or master’s degree (or equivalent degree for practitioners outside of the US) in a mental health, medical, or related field. Essentials of CBT and Core 1 Workshop are recommended, but not required.
There are two hotels within walking distance of the Beck Institute with special rates available. The Hilton City Avenue is directly across the street, and the Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue (formerly the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West) is about a ten-minute walk from Beck Institute. The Courtyard also offers a shuttle to Beck Institute trainees that will take you to and from our office each morning and afternoon.
- Waltman, S.H., Hall, B., McFarr, L., Beck, A.T., & Creed, T.A. (2017). In-session stuck points and pitfalls of community clinicians learning CBT: A qualitative investigation. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 24, 256-267.. doi:10.1016/j.cbpra.2016.04.002
Register for Workshop
Can’t get here or the dates don’t work for you?
Explore Our Online CourseSee Online Courses