Beck Diet Solution Workshops for Professionals
Under the direction of Judith S. Beck, PhD, and led by Deborah Beck Busis, LCSW, participants will learn how to implement a cognitive behavioral treatment program for weight loss and maintenance through an experiential two-day workshop designed for individuals who work with dieters. In this workshop, which is based on The Beck Diet Solution and The Diet Trap Solution, participants will learn evidence-based strategies aimed at modifying their clients’ thinking and behavior so they can make permanent changes in their eating. Participants will learn how to conceptualize the difficulties their clients face and plan strategies to handle them effectively.
In this two-day, experiential workshop, you will learn how to use a cognitive behavioral approach for weight loss and maintenance with your clients. Based on The Beck Diet Solution and The Diet Trap Solution, the workshop teaches participants evidence-based strategies aimed at facilitating change in their clients’ thinking and behavior so they can make permanent changes in their eating. This workshop includes the same topics as the workshop for dieters above, plus additional topics and the opportunity to practice skills.
This workshop will demonstrate specific skills clinicians can use to teach their dieters how to:
- Overcome reluctance, resistance, and rebellion
- Motivate themselves daily
- Deal effectively with hunger and craving
- Eliminate emotional eating
- Respond to feelings of unfairness, disappointment, discouragement, and deprivation
- Recover right away from a dieting mistake
- Follow their plan, even when they don’t feel like it
- Handle stressful situations and special occasions
- Set realistic and achievable goals