We offer three levels of certification. All candidates start at the level of Beck Certified Clinician.
Steps to Become a Beck Certified Clinician
- Submit an application to the Beck CBT Certification Program. The application form will capture basic information, professional background, clinical training, and additional prerequisite information.
- After acceptance into the Beck Certification Program, successfully complete the required coursework. Required courses include:
- Successfully complete a term of supervision with an expert member of our faculty.
- Attest that you have treated 10 cases using CBT and completed 5 Case Write-ups.
- Submit a work sample, consisting of a therapy session recording and accompanying materials (Case Write-up and Cognitive Conceptualization Diagram) for evaluation by the Beck Rating Committee and Beck Credentialing Committee.
Questions about these steps? See our comprehensive list of FAQs.