I know, it’s February and perhaps a little late to wish everyone a happy New Year. But we are already running at a fast pace to make this another memorable year, and wanted to let you know what is ahead in 2017.
First, let’s talk about the amazing growth we experienced in 2016. As you know, the mission of the Beck Institute is to promote excellence in CBT around the world. We accomplish this with workshops for individuals in Philadelphia and around the US, training for organizations around the world, and courses online. 2016 saw tremendous growth in each of these areas.
Here are some highlights:
- We launched our online programs, delivering over 2,000 courses to individuals in over 70 countries.
- We increased our work with organizations by 30%!
- We delivered our workshops On the Road in cities across the US, and on weekends, which meant less time missing work for attendees.
With 2017 underway, we expect another banner year. Here are a few of the exciting things we have planned:
- The launch of a new online course in CBT for Personality Disorders later in the year
- The new Applied Series of workshops which address incorporating mindfulness in CBT, CBT for individuals with medical conditions, and CBT for anger management.
- We will host a 4-day workshop on CBT for Depression and Anxiety for Spanish speakers in June
- We will launch a new workshop on CBT for Military and Veteran Suicide Prevention in July
- We will be back in Chicago and Nashville with On the Road workshops
- We have designed a comprehensive approach to improving CBT in systems through our Training for Organizations program, and are already offering it to organizations that want to improve mental health outcomes in their agencies
We established the Beck Institute over 20 years ago. In that time, we estimate that we’ve trained over 10,000 health and mental health professionals to improve their CBT skills. If those individuals had even 10 people on their caseload (and we know you have more), that is over 100,000 clients that have had the benefit of better therapeutic interventions. That’s what we’re about… better trained therapists mean more healthy people.
Could you take a few moments to complete our short, 3-question survey? It will help us design an array of training opportunities to suit your needs and the needs of professionals worldwide.