We at Beck Institute are grateful to have had the support of such a vibrant and engaging community through a challenging year, when our mission has become more important than ever. With the rising tide of mental health needs in the United States and around the world, we will continue to provide Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy (CT-R) training, practice, and research to individuals across the globe who are curious about these groundbreaking, evidence-based approaches.
We’ve so enjoyed bringing you virtual trainings, and this fall's special events brought even more opportunity for connection outside the virtual classroom. Our community grew exponentially this year, and we’re pleased to share selected statistics below.
In 2020, Beck Institute:
- Faculty published two trailblazing texts:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Basics and Beyond, Third Edition by Dr. Judith Beck, Beck Institute President
- Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy for Serious Mental Health Conditions, by President Emeritus Dr. Aaron T. Beck, Center for Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy Co-directors Dr. Paul Grant and Dr. Ellen Inverso, and their colleagues Dr. Aaron P. Brinen, and Dr. Dimitri Perivoliotis
- Watch our virtual book launch event here.
- Hosted our first ever virtual Beck Institute Excellence Summit with more than 150 registrants from 18 countries.
- Download the presenters’ slides here.
- Held a public panel discussion titled “Understanding the Growing Mental Health Crisis: A Conversation about Access, Advocacy, and Parity” with 2020 Beck Institute Excellence Award winner, former US Representative Patrick J. Kennedy.
- Moderated by BI Director of CBT Programs Allen Miller, PhD, MBA, the rest of the panel included former chief operating officer of the United States Department of Housing and Human Development Estelle B. Richman, Executive Director of the van Ameringen Foundation Hugh Hogan, and Jill Bowen, PhD, Acting Commissioner at the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services.
- Upon receiving the 2020 Excellence Award, former US Representative Kennedy remarked, “You can count on me to use the influence I have to embed the lessons of Dr. Aaron T. Beck and Beck Institute…I know [this recognition] will help me have greater standing as an advocate to have been able to win a seal of approval from Beck Institute.”
- Pivoted our live workshops to an online format, hosting a total of 29
workshops and increasing access to training for more than 1,300 health and
mental health providers from 130 countries worldwide.
- View our 2021 virtual training calendar here.
- Offered trainings on new topics and in a wider variety of formats, including shorter workshops and webinars.
- Provided approximately $65,000 in scholarships to trainees.
- Apply for financial assistance to attend our workshops here.
- Received nearly 600 applications and introduced our first 27 BI CBT
Certified Clinicians (BICBT-CCs).
- Learn about Beck Institute CBT Certification here.
Training for Organizations:
- Partnered with 26 organizations across the globe to bring our virtual
trainings to their staff, serving approximately 1,500 individuals.
- Learn about our organizational training here.
- Provided free webinars:
- Recovery-Oriented Cognitive Therapy (CT-R) Webinar Series: Flourishing in a Time of Prescribed Social Distancing
- Created a COVID-19 Resource Bank with these and other materials on telehealth, managing stress and anxiety, and more.
Beck Institute’s staff wishes you and your family a happy and healthy new year. We hope to see you on Zoom and, hopefully, in person soon!