The Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy is a nonprofit with a 25-year history of commitment to its mission of disseminating CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) and serving as the source for CBT excellence. Our employees form a high-energy, high-performing work team, and one with no silos; instead, our solution-focused approach harnesses the power of team excellence and problem-solving. Our embrace of the learning curve permits a freedom of thought and effort that informs our work, ultimately allowing us to do what we do best: improve the mental health of countless individuals, worldwide.
Beck Institute offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package which may include: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% employer-sponsored and at no cost to the employee); Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and/or dependent care expenses; Life, AD&D insurance, and Short Term Disability insurance; 401K Retirement Plan with company contribution; generous PTO and Company Holidays; Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Employee Assistance Program.
At Beck Institute, we work hard, deliver on our promises, value a healthy work/life balance, and say ‘yes’ to opportunity. Our current growth mode has us seeking skilled and committed, like-minded individuals who will share in our organizational culture and vision. If this is you, we hope you will consider joining us as we make a difference on a global scale.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Salary: $52,000 with an excellent benefits package
In support of the organization’s finance department, the Accounts Payable Specialist will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Perform complete AP cycle including set up and maintenance of new and existing vendors and all applicable tax forms (W-9, WBEN, PA Sales Tax exemptions, PA Rev 1832, etc.)
- Verify receipt of goods and services to contract/purchase order and invoice information
- Verify code, assign classes to bills. Process checks weekly (or according to payment schedule) and file bills.
- Obtain, verify and match credit card receipts to credit card bills and online activity
- Code and enter all credit card receipts in accounting software
- Perform monthly credit card reconciliations
- Reconcile ledgers for accuracy of recorded transactions
- Obtain authorization and set up electronic payments for recurring bills
- Verify and process expense reports in Concur
- Prepare Form 1099 reports for accountants
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing for annual financial audit
- Maintain and purge physical files as needed in accordance with Federal, State, and OIG recommended guidelines
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Operate standard office equipment
- Perform related work as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or commensurate experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounts payables
- Advanced skills in Excel and QuickBooks
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Salary: $55,000 with an excellent benefits package
With the guidance of the Director of Communications, the Development Specialist will manage the daily activities of Beck Institute’s fundraising initiatives, including annual direct marketing campaigns, proposals for individual and institutional major gift donors, stewardship outreach and special events to augment prospect/donor engagement.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, develop, refine and execute fundraising strategies to support organizational revenue.
- Assist with the development, management and execution of targeted annual fundraising campaigns, including print and electronic appeals, social media, acknowledgement and other outreach to various constituent segments.
- Collaborate with senior team to develop plans and programs to meet goals for outreach, cultivation, and solicitation of annual and major gift donors.
Develop targeted solicitation materials, including case statements and proposals for institutional and individual major gift prospects.
- Oversee overhaul of Beck Institute’s Salesforce donor database, including data cleanse and de-dupe, development of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure data integrity templated and customized donor reports.
- Manage the process of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding institutional and individual prospects.
- Report on progress toward goals and maintain communication with key staff, board, and stakeholders regarding fundraising achievements.
- Ensure timely gift acknowledgement and recordkeeping, consistent with IRS and PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations regulations.
- Work closely with communications team to compile data that will inform strategy of giving programs and integrate the development strategy into Beck Institute marketing and communications.
- Sustain and build on efforts to create awareness and a culture of philanthropy at board, executive, and staff levels.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years’ work experience in fundraising for non-profit organizations.
- Database and donor reporting experience; Salesforce experience highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and influencing skills.
- Acute attention to detail and strong project management and coordination skills.
Salary: $44,000 with an excellent benefits package.
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will assist communications efforts that support Beck Institute’s mission through expanding organizational reach, visibility, sales efforts, and fundraising. The Communications Coordinator will be a flexible and creative team player who believes in our nonprofit mission and values.
- Develop engaging social media content that can be customized across multiple platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and manage activity. Respond to user requests and comments.
- Assist in production of social ads.
- Monitor the Beck Institute’s online reputation across digital channels.
- Under the direction of the Director of Communications, create and disseminate email newsletters and targeted marketing to subscribers; maintain email list health.
- Edit and upload audio and visual material to the website, social media, and blogs.
- Take, edit, document and share training workshop photos on social media and other promotional material.
- Support greater Beck team in branding all aspects of BI’s work, including PowerPoint presentations, training materials, and related collateral.
- Assist in creation of promotional materials.
- Collect and publish blog posts by Beck Institute expert faculty and staff.
- Regularly maintain story bank and quotations for use in marketing and communications.
- Assist the full Communications team with projects and administrative tasks.
- Coordinate with team members across departments, and external vendors, to create and produce print collateral and monitor inventory.
- Maintain media archives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of experience creating social media content.
- Motivated, self-driven, and enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent copy-editing skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to develop creative, inspiring written and visual content.
- Time and project management skills.
- Proficient in MSOffice and other computer software packages.
- Experience in visual design, photo editing and photography desirable.
- Interest in managing CRM database and reporting is desirable.
Submit current resume or curriculum vita to: Alicia Warner, Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Beck Institute provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beck Institute complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.