The Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy is a nonprofit with a 25-year history of commitment to its mission of disseminating CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) and serving as the source for CBT excellence. Our employees form a high-energy, high-performing work team, and one with no silos; instead, our solution-focused approach harnesses the power of team excellence and problem-solving. Our embrace of the learning curve permits a freedom of thought and effort that informs our work, ultimately allowing us to do what we do best: improve the mental health of countless individuals, worldwide.
Beck Institute offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package which may include: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% employer-sponsored and at no cost to the employee); Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and/or dependent care expenses; Life, AD&D insurance, and Short Term Disability insurance; 401K Retirement Plan with company contribution; generous PTO and Company Holidays; Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Employee Assistance Program.
At Beck Institute, we work hard, deliver on our promises, value a healthy work/life balance, and say ‘yes’ to opportunity. Our current growth mode has us seeking skilled and committed, like-minded individuals who will share in our organizational culture and vision. If this is you, we hope you will consider joining us as we make a difference on a global scale.
Salary: $55,000 with an excellent benefits package
The Executive Assistant will support the President and executive team as well as the overall efficiency of Beck Institute internal operations though the performance of high-level, often time-sensitive, administrative tasks; some tasks will entail drafting, editing, and proofreading a range of material and correspondences. This position also serves as first line of contact for our diverse audiences and clientele and will deliver exceptional customer service in accordance with Beck Institute’s core values and reputation as the global source for excellence in cognitive therapy.
- Provide administrative, editorial, and research support to the President, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining the President’s schedule and reminding of appointments and tasks
- Managing President’s incoming communications by routing to President or responding, as appropriate
- Locating, reviewing, and/or summarizing scholarly articles and performing research as requested
- Coordinating and managing meetings and communications with Board of Directors, International Advisory Committee, and internal staff
- Processing professional membership applications and/or renewals
- Provide administrative, clerical, and technical support to the President and to the executive team, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring optimal functioning of office technology, with support from our IT vendor
- Managing and submitting deadline-driven material for outside speaking engagements
- Coordinating conference registrations, travel, itineraries, and departure preparations
- Working with finance team to track honorariums, reimbursements, and business expenses
- Provide general administrative office support including but not limited to:
- Providing prompt and courteous customer service and information to Institute clientele
- Receiving visitors, vendors, and partners of the Institute
- Serving as backup support to Clinic Coordinator
- Coordinating maintenance of office equipment and technology
- Attending staff meetings
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least five years of administrative, secretarial experience of which at least two years were providing executive support
- Superior written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and a wide variety of matters with precision, efficiency, and discretion
- Fluent in MSOffice, including PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of office technology, equipment, hardware and software
- Familiarity with Salesforce is requested
Submit current resume or curriculum vita to: Alicia Warner, Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Beck Institute provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beck Institute complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.